Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Bottle Cap Label

The label today comes from Jacob Davis.  He employs the Cap Label, forgoing the label on the bottle for a "surface that is going to end in the trash anyways".  This has been something I have been kicking around, and think it is a great alternative.

I wanted a label that I wouldn't have to worry about taking off or fussing with again, so why not a surface that was going to end in the trash anyway? That is the first trial, I couldn't get the OG to fit on there because of printing issues, but I plan on adding that and color for my next beer. Labels are available here: http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL5275.htm but a word to the wise, don't use their proprietary online software to make it - just use the Microsoft word template

- Jacob Davis
 Make sure to check out some of his other photos on flickr.  Who doesn't like to check out Homebrew pictures?

6 comments:

  1. Great idea. I've just ordered some round labels from a UK supplier to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I going the same route for my next beer. Reuse the bottles and never have to remove a label. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this last night for my Wheat IPA. I got 1,008 3/4 round white labels at Office Depot for $6.98. Each sheet is 24 labels, so two sheets covers the caps of a 5 gallon batch of beer. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to the OfficeDepot labels I now use:
    http://tinyurl.com/4f3oq8c

    ReplyDelete
  5. @CheritaChen- shoot me an email with your Cap Labels, we would love to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also employ the sticker on the cap technigue. If you are looking for reusable labels for the bottle too, give this site a look. WWW.BeerClings.com. They make labeling very easy.

    ReplyDelete