Thursday, February 17, 2011

Amarillo Armadillo

Ever since I started on my search for great beer, I have been a hop head.  One of the most intriguing flights of beer I ever had, was the Mikkeller Single Hop series.  I found out more about the different hops than I ever imagined.  One hop that I found that was a standout, was the Amarillo. I didn't know much about it before then, but have definitely enjoyed it since. So when it came time to brew an IPA, I decided to brew a single hop Amarillo IPA.  The name Amarillo Armadillo popped in my head as I was brewing, and it just stuck (I loved the alliteration).

@jayzeis
abeerinhand.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I make a Wheat IPA that features 2oz of Amarillo. It is by far my most favorite, and most popular with others, beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say, 2oz out of 5oz of hops. It is heavy on the citrus so it includes Amarillo, cascade, and centennial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I am in love with this hop. I'm sure I will be using it many times in the future.

    ReplyDelete